Re-experience the legendary classic TDA1541 DAC powered by valves at its full glory, re-incarnated by SW1X Audio Design™.
DAC III builds upon the refinement of the SW1X DAC II and adds additional level of organic & analogue envelope to the sound. The sonic character becomes indistinguishable from analogue playback when combined with analogue sounding digital transport. Available in either STD/SPX or in Balanced versions. The Balanced versions of the DAC III with true balanced and single ended ouputs is available in a larger chassis listed here.
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC III Features:
- Pure NOS (Non oversampling – zero digital domain filtering) Design
- Selected and Harmonically Matched Component & Material Quality
- Based on 1x TDA1541 – the most analogue sounding R2R DAC ever made
- STD, Anode Follower, Zero Negative Feedback, Single Ended, Class A, RC (resistive loaded, capacitive de-coupled) Valve Amplification Topology
- 6N6P or 5687 Double Triode Driver Valve Output Stage
- 6X5 Indirectly Heated or Directly Heated 5Y3 (5R4 as an option) Valve rectified CLC (choke filtered) Power Supply
- Dynamic Element Matching (DEM) of the TDA1541 is powered by an asynchronous E180F Valve Clock with EAA91 Valve rectified Power Supply
- Active I/V conversion via a single specially selected transistor (with less than 10 Ohm input impedance) with the shortest signal path directly connected to the tube grid
- Circuit is wired with of a specially selected copper (single strand or Litz)
- Discrete Transistor Shunt Voltage Regulated Power Supplies for the TDA1541, SPDIF receiver and active I/V conversion
- Supports up to 24Bit/96kHz (optional up to 48 kHz only) digital coaxial S/PDIF signal input (USB input is optional, see in options below)
- 3 x EI core Mains Transformers & Chokes
Tube Compliment: 1 x 6X5 (5Y3 or 5R4 as an option), 1 x 6N6P (or 5687/E182CC as an option), 1 x EC86, 1 x EAA91
Note: Due to SW1X Audio Design’s ongoing research and development process, specifications are subject to change without notice.
Dimensions STD version: Height (mm) 150 x Width (mm) 340 x Depth (mm) 400
Dimensions Custom with USB version: Height (mm) 150 x Width (mm) 440 x Depth (mm) 400
Weight (kg) STD version: 13.6
Weight (kg) Custom with USB version: 15.6
Max Power Consumption (W): 33
Output Noise, Unweighted (mVrms): < 0.5
Output Impedance (kOhms): <1