HiFiMan Shangri La Sr
HIFIMAN’s premier headphone, the Shangri-La is capable of throwing a massive soundstage with vivid 3D imaging, and surprising bass from an electrostatic headphone. It demands the very finest in amplification, source, and cables to get the finest possible performance.
Each headphone is made to order, the expected lead time is about three weeks.
The HIFIMAN Shangri-La Sr Electrostatic Over-Ear Headphones are open-back headphones designed to deliver detailed reproduction of dynamics and frequencies. When driven by the Shangri-La Sr headphone amplifier (available separately), the headphones yield a 7 Hz to 120 kHz frequency response via low-distortion Nanotech drivers. Acoustically transparent mesh grating and nanometer-thick dust covers protect the diaphragms without compromising sonic integrity.
The combination of lightweight aluminum alloy construction, padded earcups, and a hybrid headband design ensures comfortable wearing even for extended periods of time. The 6.6′ attached cable is terminated with a 5-pin headphone connector, which allows direct hookup to a compatible electrostatic headphone amplifier.
- Nanotech drivers are less than 0.001mm thick and couple fast transient response with near-zero distortion
- Nano-particle coated diaphragms provide extended high-frequency response
- Metal mesh stators work close to the diaphragms for enhanced openness and minimized distortion
- Stator frames incorporate special alloys to ensure sonic stability and reduce distortion
- At only 50µm thick, the mesh grating allows sound waves below 1 MHz to pass though
- 550 to 650V bias voltage
- Ergonomic and lightweight construction