Rega Planar 3
The iconic Planar 3
Rega has pioneered the use of lightweight rigid plinths. Clever use of lightweight particulate core with a highly rigid phenolic resin skin became the foundations of the high level of performance achieved by the now iconic original Planar range.
The new Planar 3 takes this design philosophy to the next level. A lightweight acrylic laminated plinth strengthened using a new improved double brace system mounted specifically where the increased rigidity is required (between the tonearm mounting and the main hub bearing) which forms a structurally sound “stressed beam” assembly. This rigid plinth design prevents energy absorption and unwanted resonance, which will add unnatural distortions to the music. Equally, heavier mass can transfer more unwanted energy, such as motor or bearing noise directly into the rotating record. The use of braces instead of the complete skin allows double thickness phenolic resin in these key areas while providing further weight reduction to the plinth which directly addresses the issue of mass absorption and unwanted energy transmission.
- What Hi-Fi? Product of the year 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- RB330 precision tonearm
- Rega Elys 2 MM cartridge factory fitted (optional)
- Rega Exact MM cartridge factory fitted (optional)
- Double brace technology
- 24 V low noise, low vibration motor
- 12 mm float glass opti-white polished platter
- Supplied with clear dust cover as standard.
- Compatible with Rega Neo turntable power supply (sold separately)
- High gloss plinth with three colour options
- Advanced EBLT drive belt fitted as standard from March 2021
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
The RB330 tonearm was designed using the latest 3D CAD & CAM technology, and is the culmination of more than 35 years of tonearm design experience. Featuring a brand new bearing housing, and our latest tonearm tube designed using intelligent redistribution of mass ensure this arm will exhibit fewer points of possible resonance. Extreme stability with almost friction free movement from the new high precision bearing assemblies guarantees to gather more information from your vinyl than ever before.
High gloss acrylic, laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance, ergonomically positioned power switch. Available in three stunning high gloss finishes, black, white and red.
Double brace Technology
Improved thicker 3 mm phenolic bottom brace and new metalised skin phenolic top brace.
Re-designed brass main hub central bearing, improved fit and construction reducing stress on the bearing itself.
New improved foot to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
24 V MOTOR
Improved new motor control PCB with integration for the addition of Neo PSU for electronic speed change and improved advanced anti-vibration circuit (sold separately).
New motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
Supplied as standard / optional lid - plinth protectors - supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best.
Easy to use multi-lingual quick start guide for easy set up
Re-designed sub platter, improved accuracy and improved stiffness.
New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ polished edge 12 mm – Improved accuracy in manufacture and stunning looks.
- Tonearm - Hand assembled precision RB330 tonearm
- Motor - 24 V low noise motor
- Platter - 12 mm glass polished edge
- Connectivity - RCA / Phono
- Power (additional) - Mini DIN for connection to Neo PSU (optional upgrade)
- Dimensions (lid closed) (W x H x D) - 447 x 117 x 360 mm
- Weight - 6.0 kg