- MC01 provides both 3.5mm single-end and 4.4mm balanced headphone outputs. It utilizes only half of the dual decoding chips for the 3.5mm single-end output.
- The balanced port of MC01se has been cancelled. With the parallel output of two DACs, the 3.5mm single-ended output can be served by both DAC in four ways. Also without the balanced output, there is more room to optimize the single-ended sounds.
- To make the single-ended sounds convey a higher sense of depth and stereo perceptions, the gain of MC01se headphone amplifier has been triply increased. However, signal amplification will simultaneously increase distortion and noise, so the test parameters showed a bit poor.
Style of sounds
- The previous prototype is similar to QA361 regarding the style of sound, focusing on a sense of depth, the transparency and clarity of sounds.
- The apparatus finally put into mass production enhanced the atmosphere with higher sound density. Sound tends to be relaxing and generous like those of QA360LE based on the sound tunings of QA361. But in terms of imaging, it's a bit like those good-quality magnetic tape devices in early days and conveys a sense of heaviness and solidity.
Power supply is the origin of sound
Three power filters optional
- In order to secure pleasant sounds provided by MC01 with all of the devices equipped, a triple LDO (with triple power filtering settings) is optional on the menu designed for the power supply on key position. Theoretically, it can achieve a high PSRR, up to hundreds of dB.
- Low-noise LDO chips, such as LT3042 and ADM 7170.
Clock is the essence of sound
A good crystal oscillator produces a stable sound
In order to produce a more accurate sound, the audio crystal oscillator of MC01 has been selected among dozens of models/brands. Finally, the high-precision femtosecond crystal oscillator with only 150fs of nominal jitter has been used.
The adjustment of sound style is the basis of sounds
The final sound effect depends on the adjustment of tunings
After the sound tuning is determined, most of the electronic components used inside have been re-selected based on performance and sound, to confirm the brand, model and parameter.
Compatible with multiple devices
MC01 supports Android smartphone and PC, iPhone and iPad, computers installed with Mac or Windows, Switch and many other Hi-Fi music players with USB OTG outputs.
Dual flagship DAC chips
MC01 has lower distortion than the theoretical value DAC given
With two flagship CS43131 chips, MC01 provides better sound quality.
With background noise reduced to as low as 1.2uVrms at the balanced output and the SNR up to 131dB, the background noise can hardly be heard even if it's connected to any earphone with high sensitivity.