EMM Labs DA2 V2
EMM Labs DA2 V2 Reference Stereo D/A
The DA2 V2 is our updated flagship 16xDSD/DSD1024 stereo D/A converter. It is the next evolutionary step in our line of award winning, critically acclaimed range of high end converter systems.
The DA2 V2 features a multitude of inputs and support for PCM up to 24bit/192kHz, DSD, 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz), and MQA® via USB.
16xDSD Proprietary Discrete DACs
MDAC2™ is the world’s first true fully discrete DSD1024/16xDSD D/A converter and still built in-house at our manufacturing facility in Calgary, Canada.
We’re not willing to accept the inherent non-linearities of every mass-market chip created to date. Neither should you.
Newly Updated MDAT2™: 16xDSD Upsampling
Our multi-award winning MDAT2™ DSP has been refined and updated to synergistically work with the new 16xDSD MDAC2™. The new MDAT2™ DSP does real-time transient detection, processing and up-conversion of all incoming audio, PCM and DSD, before sending it to the new 16xDSD DACs.
USB Isolation, MFAST™ and MCLK2™
The USB interface includes EMM’s proprietary hardware galvanic isolation. In combination with MFAST™, our high-speed asynchronous jitter removal technology and MCLK2™ our custom built clock, jitter is completely removed from the conversion process.
The new DA2 V2’s analog and digital systems have been meticulously revised. All culminating in that next level of immersive pristine sonic clarity that has been the definition of every new EMM product. The DA2 V2, our new reference converter proudly designed and made in Canada.
- 16xDSD proprietary discrete dual differential D-to-A converters (MDAC2™)
- New high High/Low output gain control
- Latest generation Meitner Digital Audio Translator signal processing technology (MDAT2™)
- Enhanced technology for instant signal acquisition and jitter-free performance (MFAST™)
- Proprietary asynchronous clocking system (MCLK2™)
- USB interface with custom hardware galvanic isolation
- Up to 24bit/192kHz & DSD support over all inputs
- 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & MQA® support over USB
- User controlled signal polarity
- Custom aerospace-grade ceramic circuit boards
- EMM Optilink for transport or streamer connection
- Precision-machined aluminum chassis & remote control
- Service USB port for future software upgrades
- RS-232 serial port for wired remote control
Proprietary high-isolation resonant mode power supply for silent & eco-friendly operation
Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
Maximum 30W consumption
EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)
AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF, TOS & USB up to 24bit/192kHz and DSD
USB also supports 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & MQA®
Stereo Analog Outputs:
XLR and RCA
300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
Output Levels (High/Low):
XLR outputs: 7.0/5.0V (+19.1/16.2dBu)
RCA outputs: 3.5/2.5V (+13.1/10.2dBu)
W x D x H: 438 x 400 x 161mm
Support and Downloads
Click on the links below to download documents and software:
- DA2 V2 Brochure
- DA2 V2 Manual
- DA2 V2 Windows USB Audio Drivers (Drivers automatically installed using the latest version of Windows 10 with USB Audio 2 support)
Software and documentation for the DA2:
USB 2.0 Audio drivers are not necessary for the latest versions of Windows 10, MAC OSX and Linux operating systems.