Magnetostat represent two independent preamplifier in the same chassis first - as balanced or second as single-ended type of operation!
Construction of tiny super tube 6S31B-R is very robust also in mechanical domain – there is no microphonics effect for negative influence to the sound reproduction.
Hand coiled wide-bandwidth nano-crystalline core output transformer is used in Magnetostat.
Open bandwidth from 4Hz – 600kHz is outstanding for high direct current single ended transformer coupled operation mode. Output transformer has separate configuration for single ended sa well as balanced operation!
Magnetostat as absolute zero feedback device represent the best solution for purity of sound reproduction. There is no any capacitor on direct or indirect signal path.
Attenuation is based on 56pcs. of high reliability computer controlled relay (with pure silver, gold plated contacts) network with 96 different level of attenuation! Only a single laboratory grade resistor per phase is on the signal path at (any attenuator level).
Magnetostat is equipped with basic function remote control unit - made from solid block of aluminum.
Se version is equipped with laminated hand assembled remote unit as option!
High capacity battery supply is used as the best solution for the power to supply Magnetostat.
Sound quality of Magnetostat is totally independent from line voltage fluctation as well as influence of "rf pollution" that could be coupled across.
Separate transformer unit act as power supply for digital and control circuit only.
Quality of electronic material that is used inside Magnetostat are at high level - tubes by military and N.O.S. grade, 0.1% Vishay resistors, nano-crystalline transformer core, audiophile grade high capacity electrolytic capacitors, gold plated Teflon isolated connectors, silver-ofc input wiring…
Line stage works properly at world wide AC line voltage from 100 – 250 VAC, 50-60Hz (different transformer supply unit are used).
SE version upgrade : fully battery filament supply , output transformers realized with hand coiled silver-ofc wire on nano-crystalline core, best quality long life battery, aero-space grade hermetic foil input resistors, choke input for additional filtration on charge section, military grade feed-trough capacitors in power supply.
- transformer coupled circuit (without any capacitor on direct or indirect signal path)
- absolute zero feedback design (unique construction)
- automatic recharge function
- custom designed wide-bandwidth output transformers
- fully balanced stabilisations for tube heaters and other purposes
- 6S31B-R special selected tubes (N.O.S.) and military grade in amplification section
- separate transformers for digital control and recharge function
- attenuation network form silent reed relay (56pcs.) – encoder rotation knob type
- remote control made from solid block of aluminium
- all modulated chassis that includes 4mm thick aluminium top cover
- built-in measurement for total hours of tube life accumulated
- Teflon insulated gold plated connectors
- gold plated Teflon insulated RCA jacks with gold plated XLR balanced connectors
- hand assembled modulated chassis
- laser engraved front panel made from triple separate aluminum block of 20mm thick
- remote control made from solid block of aluminum
- extensively used computer numeric control machines (CNC)
Specifications are subject of change without notice
|Type||Absolute Zero Feedback Triode|
|Operation||Single-ended (RCA) or balanced (XLR)|
|Frequency Response||4 to 250 kHz, -3 dB; 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.05dB
4 to 600 kHz, -3 dB; 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.02dB (Se version)
|Noise||<120 dB "A" weighted|
|Gain||14 dB (X 5); 12 dB (X 4) (Se version) RCA or XLR output|
|THD & N||<0.08 % @1V output|
|Input Impedance||>20 kohms|
|Output Impedance||<450 ohms
<200 ohms (Se version)
|Stereo Separation||>95 dB @ 10 kHz
>100dB @ 10 kHz (Se version)
|Tube Complement||8 x 6S31B-R per unit (N.O.S. & military grade)|
|Power Requirements||110 VAC or 220 VAC @ 50 to 60 Hz, max. 50 VA|
|Dimensions||19" (483 mm) wide , 16.9" (430 mm) deep , 7.2" (185 mm) high (max. dimensions)|
|NET Weight||approx. 73 lb. (33 kg)/unit + 6.6 lb. (3 kg)/power supply|
|TOTAL Weight||approx. 106 lb. (48 kg) packed|