Magma New HPS is a reference point power amplifier made by NAT as pure class A, single - ended triode type with zero global feedback configuration.
Magma New HPS gives an opportunity to amplify the signal by two different modes, as high power setting up to 170W or moderate setting up to 60W, both of pure direct heated triode (DHT) type. By mentioning power in single - ended configuration there is a capability to drive almost any type of speaker.
Direct heated triode (DHT) type GM100 as output device represents the highest power vacuum tube manufactured for audio. Potential of output tube reach 1.000W of heat dissipation! Magma New HPS uses operating point that significantly decreases working temperature for further reliability improvement. Construction of the output tube is robust in mechanical domain. Specially designed laminated high mass, non magnetic cover cage additionally improves negative effect of vibration from the enviroment, correlates with better micro detail of sound reproduction. For the sensitive speaker Magma New HPS offers low mode option to lower the output power. Its result is to lower the heat dissipation. from 170W to 60W. Furthermore, it decreases the power consumption of the entire device that is resulting in lowering the heat dissipation.
One of the most interesting MODES of operation due to the fact of high power capability is super damping factor option! Up to 50W of power for super damping factor, mode simply put speaker cable to 4 ohms output tap! With pure symmetric output transformer, Magma New HPS may reach this kind of operation! Even better, super damping factor mode decreases THD with significantly better frequency response behavior!
Input and driver circuit use double triode long life tube 6N6P chosen as N.O.S. (new old stock) grade of the highest quality for the neutral sound. Wide-bandwidth output transformer (custom designed for NAT) is used in Magma New HPS. Bandwidth reach 9Hz - 70.000Hz as exceptional good flatness for high power single - ended amplifier. Output taps for 4 and 8 ohms speaker load are realized with high mass multi connection type laboratory grade connectors.
NOTE: Magma New HPS may drive any load from 2 ohms to over 32 ohms.
By specific technical approach Magma New HPS may drive all types (electrostatic, magnetostatic, dynamic or other types) of speakers equally.
Power supply participates in sound quallity almost as amplifier's main circuit. There is a separate regulated supply for all stages (including the output). Soft start additionally improves Magma New HPS reliability by avoiding high voltage stress during turn-on procedure. The quality of other than tube electronic components that are used inside Magma New HPS are at the high level as well: aerospace grade foil resistors, military grade power RF resistors, high energy electrolytic capacitors, power "in oil" capacitor, high mass laboratory grade output connectors, military grade teflon silver - ofc input and other wiring ...
Magma New HPS works properly at world wide AC line voltage from 100 - 250 VAC, 50-60Hz (different voltages set in factory only).
NOTE: -Standard version use pseudo-balanced input (pin-3 connected to pin-1)
-First step of upgrade : pure-balanced input realised with hand coiled ofc wired nano-crystalline core transformer
-Premium step of upgrade : pure-balanced input realised with hand cioled silver-ofc wired nano-crystalline core transformer
NOTE: Protect covers should always be placed over output (big) tubes due to safety!
- single-ended pure class A mono block power amplifier
- zero global feedback
- direct heated triode (DHT) output stage
- triode based configuration
- short signal path
- no inter-stage transformer on signal path
- no coupling capacitor on entire driver path
- output section - direct heated triode (D.H.T.) GM100 (N.O.S.) output tube
- driver section - double triode 6N6P tube long life (N.O.S.)
- silent operation power supply unit (custom implemented for NAT)
- special power supply choke of 600W power (custom designed for NAT)
- hand coiled air core chokes (custom designed for NAT)
- additional "in oil" capacitors for the output tube
- filament regulated power supply for driver as well as output tube
- regulated HV power supply for the output stage
- double regulated HV power supply for input stage
- approx. 500J of energy storage in power supply
- soft start operate to improve entire reliability
- CE comfortable reference to max. high voltage level for domestic use
- hand assembled all modulated chassis
- high mass laboratory grade output connectors
- custom ordered gold plated PTFE insulated RCA input connector
- extensively used computer numeric control mashines
- 4/5" (20mm) thick quadruple alumimium front panel
- aluminium pipe type cover cage (laminate type optional)
|Type||Single Ended Class "A" Triode (D.H.T.)|
|Power Output||max. 170 Watts @ 1 kHz|
|Frequency Response||9 Hz to 70 kHz -3dB|
|Input impedance||100 k ohms parallel with 200pF|
|Input Sensitivity||1.5 V RMS|
|Gain||28 dB (x25)|
|Damping factor||8 ref. to 8 ohm load @8 ohm tap, 32 ref. to 8 ohm load @4 ohm tap (super damping factor mode), both @ zero global feedback|
|Noise||110 dB below rated output "A" weighted|
|Phase status||Regular ( non-inverted )|
|Tube Complement||1x 6N6P & 1 x GM100|
|Power Requirement||110 to 240 VAC @ 50 to 60 Hz, 650 VA max. (set in factory)|
|Dimensions||11.8" (300 mm) wide ´ 20.9" (530 mm) deep ´ 10.2" (260 mm) high|
|NET Weight||110 lbs (50 kg) unpacked / per piece|
|TOTAL Weight||288 lbs ( 130 kg) packed in "flight case" crate / per pair|